The hobbyist/home universal battery charger
14.4V, 14.7V, and low amperage charging for smaller batteries (0.8 amp)
Packaging Image Link
- Four step, fully automatic switch mode model.
- Charges lead-acid batteries (Wet, MF, GEL and AGM) from 1.2Ah to 120Ah.
- Maintenance pulse charging increases battery life and gives superb performance.
- Charges even drained batteries.
- Pulse recover of slightly sulphated batteries.
- Three unique charging modes for use on small batteries, large batteries and a special cold mode that is also suitable for AGM batteries.
- Low back current drain, low ripple and input voltage independent (170-260V).
- High efficiency: 85%
- Delivered with two interchangeable connection leads, one with clamps, and one with eyelet terminals.
- The charger can be connected for months, ideal for seasonal vehicles.
- Compact design with mounting holes for permanent assembly.
- 5 year warranty.
The MULTI XS 3600 has a fully automatic, four step charge:
Runs a complete charge cycle within a fraction of a second. The cycle repeats during the whole desulphation phase. Every cycle recovers some lead sulphate into useful material.
Charging where 80% of the energy is returned. The charger delivers a constant current until the battery voltage has reached the set level.
Final part of the charge up to 100%. The battery voltage is kept constant at the set level, during which time the current drops gradually.
Maintenance charging. The state of charge varies between 95% and 100%. A pulse is sent out to the battery if the voltage drops. This keeps the battery in trim when not in use. The charger can be connected for months at a time.
Using the MULTI XS 3600 gives your battery an optimum service life and operational reliability.
The MULTI XS 3600 can be set very easily to charge Wet, MF, GEL and AGM lead-acid batteries. You will find an explanation of the various battery types under Charger University, Battery Types. You can use the MULTI XS 3600 to charge a range of batteries, from small 1.2Ah to large 120Ah.
||Mode 14.4V/0.8A This mode is normally used for batteries less than 14Ah.
||Mode 14.4V/3.6A Normal setting for wet batteries, MF and for most GEL batteries.
||Mode 14.7V/3.6A This mode is recommended for many AGM batteries. This mode is also useful for charging batteries in sub-zero temperatures.
|BULK CHARGE TIME
|BATTERY SIZE (Ah)
||FOR ABOUT 80% CHARGE (h)
Mobile Series DC input | Workshop 12/24v | 6 Volt | 12 Volt | 24 Volt | Accessories